The R Rated Blogger


Michael Chong, I Do Not Believe In An Ethnic Nationalism

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"I believe in one nation, undivided, called Canada. While I'm loyal to my party and my leader, my first loyalty is to my country. It is for this fundamental principle that I cannot support the motion recognizing the Quebecois as a nation. To me, recognizing Quebeckers as a nation, even inside a united Canada, implies the recognition of ethnicity, and I cannot support that. “I do not believe in an ethnic nationalism. I believe in a civic nationalism." (Source)

0 Responses to “Michael Chong, I Do Not Believe In An Ethnic Nationalism”

Post a Comment



© 2006 The R Rated Blogger | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health